Local Garage Door Service Company With Licensed Professionals At Your Service
Your garage door opener is a vital part of your home. It's the thing that lets you get in and out of your garage without having to open and close the door manually, which would be a total hassle.
Unfortunately, sometimes there are plenty of things that could go wrong with your garage door openers. That's where our services come in. We're BCS Overhead Door, your trusted garage door opener repair company in College Station, Texas.
We know how important it is for you to have a working garage door opener when you need it most. That's why we’re fully insured and we offer a same-day garage door opener repair service for all our clients in College Station, TX—don’t waste any more time on your garage door opener repair needs, we’re here to provide quick, efficient, and affordable garage door repair services.
Let us be your trusted partner in keeping your family and home safe and secure. We'll take care of any problems with your garage door opener, so you don't have to worry about whether or not it will work when you need it most.
What is a Garage Door Opener?
As previously stated, a garage door opener is essential to your garage doors. It serves as an operator, managing the weight of the garage door and making sure that nothing is blocking the path when you close or open the garage door.
A garage door opener has plenty of features that come with it such as Wi-fi Integration, where you can access the door with a single touch of your phone, a security light so that you can see inside your garage after dark, manual release, where you can manually open the garage without the help of its electric mechanisms, and more. While there are plenty of features with a garage door opener, there also will be plenty of problems that come with them. And how do you know if you have a broken garage door opener?
How Do I Know if I Have a Broken Garage Door Opener?
Depending on the usage, maintenance, and type of garage door opener, this will affect its lifespan. By hiring a professional garage door opener repair company for their routine inspections and maintenance, you're guaranteed to have a long-lasting garage door opener. Typically, a garage door opener lasts around 10-15 years or even more as we've stated above. However, if you neglect the services your garage door opener needs, then for sure, it will have more problems down the line. Now, what are the signs of a broken garage door opener?
- One of the biggest and most obvious signs that you have a broken garage door opener is that the garage door will not open or close. This may just be that your remote's battery has reached its lifespan. Try to replace the batteries first and check if this solves the problem. However, if it doesn't, call a professional to inspect the issue.
- When your garage door operates inconsistently, by closing halfway then opening again or being stuck for a couple of seconds, there may be a wiring issue. Now if you've tried replacing the batteries and it still doesn't work as it should, a professional is your only choice, since this involves a lot of complex rewiring and troubleshooting.
- Another common sign of a broken garage door opener is the unusual sounds it makes. Sure, a garage door opener makes noises when operating, however, if you are not actively listening to it and it still makes weird grinding and loud noises, there's a problem with it. While you can rule out that your garage door opener is old, you cannot say this to a relatively, new garage door opener.
If a professional inspects the unit and sees that repairs will no longer fix the problem, then the only solution is to replace the opener. While there are high-end models out there that you can choose from, there are two common types of garage door openers, a wall-mount garage door opener, and an overhead garage door opener. Both are reliable units but which one should you choose?
What is Better, a Wall-Mount Garage Door Opener or an Overhead Garage Door Opener?
When choosing between a wall-mount and overhead garage door opener, it's important to know the advantages and disadvantages of each. First, we'll discuss the difference between the two.
A wall-mount garage door opener or usually known as a side-mount opener is the type of unit that is found on either side of the garage door. The system is connected to and relies on the torsion bar to operate your garage door. An overhead garage door opener is the most common unit that you can see. They are ceiling mounted and are common for residences. It works by using a motorized operating system through the use of a chain, belt, or screw-drive mechanism. This then will lift the garage door open or close. What are the advantages and disadvantages of a wall-mount garage door opener and an overhead garage door opener?
- A wall-mount garage door opener is perfect if you do not want an overhead door to take up your ceiling space storage. Since these units are installed by the sides of the garage door, a professional will have no difficulty when it comes to garage door maintenance and installation. However, these units cannot lift heavier garage doors and require a large amount of headroom to operate. Moreover, you need an electrical outlet near the garage door for the unit to connect to.
- An overhead garage door opener is the most popular choice among homeowners as it's mainstream and easily accessible to any retailer. Its design allows for lifting heavier garage doors making it the ideal choice for any homeowner. Although an overhead garage door opener will take up your ceiling space thus you will no longer have any space for storage. In this case, you can choose the right kind which is the swing-out that gives you more room to store things. Also, an overhead garage door opener is louder than a wall-mount garage door opener but that's where the disadvantage stops.
When it comes to choosing one of the two, it will depend on your choice. You should know that there are plenty of units that are affordable while some will cost you a lot more. So be sure to factor in your budget, your preferred type of garage door opener, and the size and shape of the garage. When it comes to installation or repairs, BCS Overhead Door should be the first one you call!
Trust BCS Overhead Door For All Your Garage Door Opener Repair Needs!
To sum up, BCS Overhead Door is the go-to garage door opener repair company in College Station, TX. Don’t waste any more time repairing your garage door opener because we offer same-day repair service for all our clients.
Not only do we provide opener repair services, but also residential garage door services, commercial garage door services, installations, and maintenance! We believe in providing top-notch customer service and quality work that you can trust. Our staff takes great pride in offering fast, friendly and dependable service with a 100% satisfaction guarantee. Don’t wait any longer - Trust BCS Overhead Door For All Your Garage Door Opener Repair Needs!